Fluke 773 mA Process Clampmeter
Product overview: Fluke 773 Milliamp Process Clamp Meter
Fluke 773 Milliamp Process Clamp Meter saves time and money by measuring output signals without shutting down the system
The Fluke 773 milliamp clamp meter is accurate and versatile. It saves time and money by measuring 4–20 mA signals five times faster than with traditional DMMs, and without breaking the loop. That means you can troubleshoot a live device without having to power down and possibly miss something going on in the process.
The 773 is ideal for troubleshooting transmitters, valves, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) found in process plants. It measures low level dc current and correlates process indication with a real physical value. And it measures up to 99.0 mA non-contact, including 10 to 50 mA signals in older control systems.
The 773 also sources and measures dc voltage, so it can be used to troubleshoot voltage input and output devices. You can detach the clamp section of the meter and use it as a remote jaw, connected to the main body by an extension cable to make it easier to take measurements in tight spaces. Plus, automatic power-off features save battery life so you can work longer without changing the batteries.
Other useful features:
- Sources DC voltage to test input devices that accept a 1-5V or 0 to 10V signal
- Simultaneously measures the mA signal with the clamp and sources a mA signal
- Measures mA signals for PLC and control system analog I/O
- Simulates 4-20 mA signals for testing control system I/O
- Features a detachable clamp with extension cable for measurements in tight locations
- Extends battery life with auto-off and backlight timeout
- Captures and displays changing measurements with Hold function
- Measures 4 to 20 mA signals with in-circuit measurement
- Includes simultaneous mA in-circuit measurement with 24V loop power for powering and testing transmitters
- Offers mA or voltage output linear ramp or 25% step output
- Provides scaled mA output to provide a continuous mA signal that corresponds to the 4 to 20 mA signal measured by the mA clamp
- Enables milliamp signal logging to a separate logging device without breaking the loop
- Applies a mA input signal to a device and measure its’ 4-20 mA output on devices such as valves or mA isolators
- Dual backlit display with both mA measurement and percent of 4 to 20 mA span
- Measurement Spotlight to illuminate hard to see wires in dark enclosure
- Measures 10 to 50 mA signals in older control systems using the 99.9 mA range
- Automatically changes the 4 to 20 mA output for remote testing